Davos 2019 - The Future of Science and Technology in Society
Public confidence in the scientific community is higher than other groups, and yet public trust in technology companies has eroded, according to US-based studies by the Pew Research Center. How are changing perceptions about science and technology reshaping politics, business and public policy?
· Sarah bint Yousif Al Amiri, Minister of State for Advanced Sciences of the United Arab Emirates.
· Carlos Moedas, Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, European Commission, Brussels.
· Brian Schmidt, Vice-Chancellor, Australian National University, Australia.
· Lars Rebien Sorensen, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Novo Nordisk Foundation, Denmark.
· Ulrich Spiesshofer, President and Chief Executive Officer, ABB, Switzerland.
· Magdalena Skipper, Editor-in-Chief, Nature, Nature Research, USA.